Hoya HD3 UV Filter - Ultra-Hard 32-Layer Multi-coated Glass Filter
Developed to exceed the sharpness needs of 50-megapixel cameras entering the market, the Hoya HD3 UV (Ultraviolet) camera filter sports a new and improved 32-layer ultra-smooth, ultra-hard, nano-coating that is 5x sharper and 800% harder than the Hoya HD2 UV. Combined with the exclusive chemically enhanced Hoya optical UV glass which is 4X harder than traditional optical glass the new Hoya HD3 UV lives up to “Hoya Tough” and is the NEW “”Toughest Filter on the Planet”.
- NEW and IMPROVED ultra-smooth nano-coating is 800% harder for ultimate protection and cleaning
- NEW 32-Layer Ultra-Hard Nano Multi-Coating process creates the sharpest consumer UV filter available
- Chemically enhanced UV optical glass is 4x stronger than normal optical glass
- NEW 32-layer Hoya proprietary coating system reduces reflections and glare
- NEW Multi-coating technology yields 99.7% light transmission and is extremely scratch & stain resistant and water & oil repellent
- Super thin, lightweight, aluminum frame will not vignette on wide-angle lenses
- Front Filter threads accepts lens caps and other filters for stacking
- One-piece frame is glass mounted with high pressure press technology so the filter will not separate
- Lifetime Limited Warranty when purchased from a USA Authorized Retailer
The HD3 filter yields a light transmission rate of 99.7% and uses the same chemically enhanced 4x harder optical UV glass that made the HD2 filters “The Toughest Filters on the Planet”. The new coating process created a top layer that is more scratch & stain resistant, and water & oil repellant making it super easy to clean when smudges and fingerprints are introduced to the surface.
The filter’s UV properties filter unwanted ultra-violet rays, reducing haze and increasing clarity. This means the filter faithfully maintains the sharpness and clarity of the original lens while protecting from everyday wear-and-tear and extreme shooting conditions.
The HD3 glass is housed in a one-piece, lightweight, low-profile, aircraft grade aluminum filter frame. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain perfect parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness and zero distortion. The low-profile design eliminates the concern for vignetting when used on ultra-wide-angle lenses, and the front filter threads accepts lens caps and other filters for stacking.
Made exclusively in Japan, the new HD3 UV professional filters are manufactured with micro-precision under the strictest quality control to ensure each and every filter meets the demands of working professional photographers and their equipment. For this reason Kenko Tokina USA, the US distributor for Hoya Filters, provides a lifetime limited warranty against manufacture’s defects when purchased from a USA authorized Hoya retailer.
More HOYA Filters
You are now being redirected to www.slikusa.com, our new US website for SLIK.